Caring For Your Mental Health.
Mental health entails emotional and psychological well-being which are important aspects of life. You need to take care of your mental health as it include having a positive relationship with yourself and others. You need to do the following so that you take care of your mental health:
1) Check how you’re feeling- are you feeling angry, sad or depressed ?you have to do something otherwise it will have a negative impact on your mental health . Are you feeling happy, peaceful this is very good for your health.
2) Acknowledge the story behind your feelings. Behind every feeling there is a story ,an incident that led to the way you’re feeling, accept that incident and Forge a way forward. Perhaps someone lied to you accept that and it will help you heal ,stop living in denial and you keep others avoid the same situation. Say this to yourself “This happened to me there is nothing I can do to reverse it, I don’t have control over other people’s choices and decisions but I have control over mine so all I can do is to learn from my story and make sure it doesn’t affect my mental health”.
3) Accept the outcome of your story. Some accept their story but accepting the outcome is very hard for them. For example if someone left you for somebody else accepting does not mean you struggling to get them back, you can’t force someone to do what they don’t want , there are many people on earth that have a story just like yours, remember accepting this ,will help you accept the outcome of your stories. If you don’t it will hinder you from becoming all that you want in life. The following can help you accept your story;
-Detox the negative feelings by clearing all the negatives that is going around about story. Sometimes you may think that it is your fault ,you should have known better ,something is wrong with you or you are a unlikeable but get to know that shit happens. That is why this or that happened to you, the devil is a liar remember.
– Affirm yourself, know that every human being make mistakes. If you have negative thoughts respond by saying I’m not what you tell me. If their thoughts are telling you you are ugly respond by saying that I am beautiful fearfully and wonderfully made. Remember you are just as beautiful as you are. If you continue affirming yourself with time the positive thoughts will overtake the negative thoughts and you’ll feel better.
4) Work to improve your story- if you made that mistake you can improve your story by taking steps to do the right thing. If you hurt others learn to apologize ,if you were raped learn to let go. Hold on to the good in your story and this will give you peace and joy.
5) Set and practice healthy boundaries; this is a good way of taking care of your mental health, thoughts and feelings. Eat Good Food and consider healthy choices as this will enable you eat a balanced diet that will help your body grow.
6) Practice gratitude. This is very good for your mental health this is because it triumphs over the negatives in life. Gratitude is being appreciative and thankful of all what you have hence you need to look at the good things in your life.Mental Health and Mental Disorders Overview
I am alive and well.
I have food to eat.
I have a house to live in.
But remember you may not have had a career or a job that you wanted let us not Focus only on our problems too much so that we forget all the positive things that we have in life. Practicing gratitude give you joy because it makes you realise how good you are. We should know that both good or bad coexist but we have to learn how to live with both.Health Benefits Of Water Therapy.
Biblical Stand Point.
Thus, it is crucial that as believers, we do not judge, belittle, or condemn those struggling with mental illnesses. Rather than condemning those with mental illness, Christians are to help, show kindness, and love them (John 13:34-35).Building Better Mental Health